Sunday, April 25, 2010

Donation to Project Hope


So I do TONS of shopping every week. I have my budget of $75 weekly. Not everything I buy I keep. A lot of stuff I do buy is because I need it, it's free after a coupon, or it's a money maker at Walgreens. Last week I took my first donation to a local no kill animal shelter named Project Hope. I've been couponing since last August and I've been working on my stockpile and getting it all organized. I've also been weeding through my stockpile and putting anything for donation into a box in my stockpile room.

Everything pictured above is what I took for donation. I got 40 cans of dog food for FREE after coupons from Walmart. I don't have a dog, I bought this with the intentions of donating it. After I went and dropped the dog food off I looked at their wish list of donation items. I wouldn't have thought that they needed Toilet Paper, dryer sheets, and laundry detergent. But everything they don't have to purchase out of pocket can go towards the animals.

So just because you may not be able to use something that you get free with a coupon, think about donating it to a local charity!!!

My friend Amber over at Southern IL Money Savers has a weekly Shop to Give Sunday meme!!!

Did you donate something this week??? Head on over to SI Money Savers and link up!!! Also please leave a comment here and let me know what you did this week!!!

3 comments:

  1. Mandy that's a great job!! I never would have guessed either that they would need items like that. That is really great information to know. Thanks so much for linking up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amber!! Thanks for encouraging me and others to give every week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking up Mandy! It looks like some local animal shelters will be getting some Mighty Dog this month!! That's great!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments!! :o)