Saturday, March 6, 2010

Yay I FINALLY bought a freezer :o)

We went and bought a freezer last night at home depot. I was going to get the 7 cu chest freezer bc i'm a big cheapo!!! But I really wanted an upright but didn't want to pay $500+ We were SOOOO excited when we found his upright. It is 8.8 cu and it's adorable. It's not huge, but it's perfect for our needs. We're a family of 3 and more poor side by side fridge can't hold anything else in the freezer!!! lol For an extra $100 we were able to get our upright. For anyone else who may be looking for a new freezer this one is $300 at Home Depot and it is made by Magic Chef. This is not on the website, it was just in the store.

5 comments:

  1. We have an upright too and love it. We just happened to luck out when we bought ours. We went to Lowes in Mt. Vernon and we were going to buy the smallest upright we had. Low and behold they had an upright in their scratch and dent section that was the largest they had and it was only $100 more than the smallest because it had a few scratches on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome. I wasn't expecting to get an upright. We only paid $300 for this one, which makes me happy. I was going to pay $200 for a chest freezer... Now I don't have to DIG through layers and layers of stuff!!! LoL :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too was using just the basic fridge/ freezer combo and it was ridiculous trying to get anything in it. I really really wanted an upright this year. But it wasn't in the budget for us this yet. I was lucky to get a pretty good size chest freezer for $75 to hold me over til I can finally get what I really want. Your upright is nice. I'm Jealous :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, not having a freezer has really limited what I could buy. More fridge freezer is packed to the brim right now. We have our new freezer in the garage but it's supposed to be in the house so were gonna move it down to the basement. That's awesome you were able to get a chest freezer for $75!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments!! :o)